Today we had a nice morning meditation all together (a little later then usual - it's Saturday morning after all).
Lately we have been listening to a lot of Sanjay Talwar which were some of the first Sahaja bhajan tapes that I had. We rediscovered him while transfering our old audio tapes to CD using audacity a wonderful free program (in a later post I will explain how to do this and simple ways you can use audacity to improve sound quality). The Sanjay Talwar songs sound amazing now. They have such deep beautiful poetry, and although they are bhajans most of the songs are very meditative. Here is a quote from "Bezaar Bilakhte Dil" from the tape "Sahaj Sadhana":
"Having permeated my life,
Mother has blessed me with the joy of the heavens.
Her love continuesly enlightens the essence of my heart.
In this light, through the rhythmic pulse of my heart, I know
"that the song of patience and peace is the true messenger of God."
As I realize this, I exclaim "O my God".
The thousand petals of my brain have opened
Its limited dimension becomes unlimited."
My children really enjoy his bhanjans also. As we have started playing them alot I often find them humming and singing these great devotional songs during the day, which of course makes me very happy. To have the praise of God always on ones lips is the greatest blessing.
We have also been reading through the 1000 names of Shri Vishnu with the commentary by Shri Sankaracharya (published by Sri Ramakrishna Math - ISBN 81 7120-420-1). We read between 10 and 20 names a day. Here is one of the names:
"Shri Satyasandhah - One whose 'Sandhya' or resolve always becomes reality."
What a beautiful name. How often we have realizations or inspirations that somehow don't manifest. I pray that through devotion and surrender to God that He will make manifest every pure inspiration, that every 'nirmal sandhya' will become real.
I almost forgot to mention, Issa just reminded me. Today we meditated with our pups, Rexie and Beauty. They so peacefully fell asleep on Issa and Miriams lap: enjoying the vibrations. The kids were enjoying the vibrations and the cuteness of two sleeping pups.
Saturday, March 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment